All Office 365 files, including Word documents, can be signed digitally. Below are the steps to follow in order to accomplish this.
The authenticating mark known as a digital signature can be added to a variety of electronic documents, including those produced in Microsoft Word. This sort of signature, which is frequently referred to as a digital ID, attests to the authenticity of the original signer and the document’s integrity.
A signing certificate and certificate authority are used to establish a digital signature (CA). The first one comprises a certificate and public key to verify your identity. The latter is the organisation that creates, authenticates, and ensures the authenticity of digital certificates. It also has the authority to monitor and revoke certificates. Digital signatures are frequently used in loans and other legal agreements, making it possible to do away with traditional paperwork.
Digital certificates are available for purchase from third parties like GlobalSign, IdenTrust, and DocumentSign. Several offer a risk-free trial.
Add a Digital Signature
You can use a signature line in a Word document to include a digital ID. This line can be modified by the document’s creator by indicating the kind of data that is needed. The recipient of the electronic copy of the document, on the other hand, is aware of the signature line and that their signature is needed.
For ease of use, the signer can write a signature using a touch-screen PC’s inking capability, type a signature, or choose an image of an inked signature. A digital signature is also added to the document at the same time the signer adds a physical signature to confirm their identification.
Add a signature line after this:
- Open your Word document.
- Place your pointer in the location you wish to create a signature line.
- Choose Signature Line under the Insert tab in the Text group.
- Next, select Microsoft Office Signature Line.
- In the Signature Setup box, add the information that will appear beneath the signature line, then click OK.
- The Suggested signer: The signer s full name
- Suggested signer s title: The signer s title, if any.
- The Suggested signer s e-mail address: The signer s e-mail address, if needed.
- Instructions to the signer: Add instructions for the signer, such as Before signing the document, verify that the content is correct.
Take into account the two checkboxes present:
- Allow the signer to add comments in the Sign dialog box: Allow the signer to type a purpose for signing.
- Finally, Show sign date in signature line: The date the document was signed will appear with the signature.
As necessary, add more signature boxes. Save your document if you haven’t already. Moreover, keep in mind that you require a digital certificate from a provider of digital ID or digital signature services.
Notably, the recipient does not require installation of a digital certificate; only the document originator must.
Removing the Digital Signature
Also, to remove a digital signature from a document:
- First, open the Word document that contains the visible signature you want to remove.
- Right-click the signature line.
- Choose Remove Signature.
- Finally, click Yes.
Add an Invisible Signature
A Word document may also benefit from having an unnoticeable digital signature added to it. These signatures, when used, ensure the document’s origin, legitimacy, and integrity.
To include a hidden signature:
- Click the File tab.
- Choose Info.
- Select Protect Document.
- Next, click Add a Digital Signature.
- Choose OK.
- Type the purpose in the Purpose for signing this document box.
- Choose Sign.
The file is made read-only after being signed to prevent alterations.
Remove an Invisible Digital Signature
By following these steps, you can remove an invisible digital signature from a Word document:
- Open the document.
- Click Info.
- Next, choose View Signatures.
- Click the arrow next to the signature name you want to remove.
- Select Remove Signature.
- Click Yes.
With the use of digital signatures, it is now possible to sign legal papers electronically rather than on paper. Once you get a digital certificate, you can add digital signatures to Word documents and other files.
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
It was a pleasure to read the blog because of the way you explained every little detail.